There are two main types of training:
– aerobic exercise – a long, low intensity, are effective for strengthening the cardiovascular system;
– exercise with the load.
Consult your physician before starting training
Some aerobic exercise such as swimming, cycling or workout on a stationary bike is definitely helpful. But to strengthen the skeletal system more efficient exercise with the load (with optional weights). Use of additional weights for aerobic training causes extra stress muscles and strengthens bones.
When lifting weights, walking, during step aerobics classes the body overcomes the natural force of gravity. To enhance the load as the weights you can use light dumbbells or plastic water bottles.
As an exercise may be helpful:
– Work on the plot;
– Walking up the stairs;
– Exercises are based;
– Weight lifting;
Ideally, training should be regular and to combine different types of exercises. Use of additional weights strengthens muscles surrounding the bone. This improves the nutrition of bone mass, bones become denser and stronger.
In addition, regular exercise improves coordination, which reduces the risk of falls and, consequently, the risk of injuries and fractures of bones.
Regular workouts are extremely useful. But in osteoporosis, or the presence of other diseases, some of the exercises may cause serious harm to health. That is why before starting any type of exercise you should consult with your doctor and use it to select the optimal duration and a certain kind of exercise, the maximum useful specifically for you. It should also be made aware of the presence of a coach you have any medical conditions.
Remember the two rules of rigor:
– Any new type of exercise should start with a minimum load and duration, gradually increasing both the classroom and intensity;
– If during exercise you feel pain or discomfort, immediately notify the trainer or doctor.
Exercises to prevent falls
Regular exercise helps not only to strengthen the muscular and skeletal system, improve the overall health and mood, but also to improve the coordination and, consequently, reduces the risk of falls and related injuries.
Even if the fall is a good coordination will help to avoid serious damage.
For more information, to develop individual training programs
As we have noted, correctly designed program will bring many benefits. Excessive load or incorrectly selected exercises can cause injury or serious illness.
– before beginning training all people over age 40 should undergo a thorough medical examination;
– Some exercises can significantly increase the risk of fractures in women with established significant loss of bone mass (eg, squats and bending increase the risk of vertebral fractures in women with osteoporosi);
Women at high risk for heart failure may need a special load test prior to the training program.
Development of an individual program is tailored to your individual needs and associated diseases.
Here are some exercises that your doctor may offer to reduce the risk of falls and improve the overall condition.
– Strength training (using a small additional weight) or with resistance exercise (with an elastic bandage). These exercises will improve balance, increase muscle strength and make the bones stronger. Weight should be small. For example, light dumbbells or plastic water bottles.v – Stretching improves flexibility, making movement easier and reduce the risk of injury.
– Tai Chi (Chinese popular gymnastics, which uses soft slow movements to relax the muscles), improves balance, flexibility and a positive effect on mood.
– Aerobic medium or low intensity, such as walking, dancing, climbing stairs, during which used an additional burdening, increase muscle strength and coordination, improve balance and make bones stronger (to avoid excessive stress on joints and muscles).
Consider one of the most natural forms of exercise walking. This is a simple, effective way to strengthen muscles, increase bone strength and improve overall health.
Sample the beginning of the program:
– Start slowly from 10 to 20 minute walk four times a week.
– Select to exercise the most comfortable time of day (in summer to avoid walking in the hottest time of day, not recommended to exercise immediately after eating).v – While walking keep an eye on your feelings, pay attention to any state of discomfort, pain, feeling of pressure in your chest, nausea. If any of these symptoms stop immediately and rest until the complete disappearance of the discomfort. Be sure to tell us about all the symptoms, your doctor and coach.
– Increase the load gradually. Travel distances may be increased from 400 m each day during the first 2 weeks of training up to 800 meters each day during the third week, 1.5 km during the fourth week, 1.6 miles – starting with the fifth week.
– For workouts, use the comfortable shoes of suitable size.
– Use the socks and clothes made from natural absorbent fabrics (cotton, wool), corresponding to the season.
The key to success – consistency. Only regular exercise are beneficial.One day, interrupting the usual training regimen, an effect achieved previously, much is lost in 2 weeks and disappears after a few months.
Here are some tips to help you make a regular practice:
– Selected exercises should not be complicated or boring for you, while training to be as convenient as possible.
– If possible, practice with friends or in a group.
– Try not to exaggerate its capabilities, perform an exercise to suit your physical fitness and health at the moment.
– Make training a mandatory part of your daily routine.
Where can I find out about training programs?
If you are just starting to do, or not trained for a long time, the best choice will be a special training class. Exercises under the supervision of an instructor as efficiently and safely.
Depending on your individual needs the doctor may recommend a specific program or direct you to do this in consultation with a physiotherapist (a specialist in physical therapy).