Fatigue is an overwhelming feeling of tiredness and weakness. All one way or another have experienced such a state in everyday life after a hard, hard work and lack of sleep. Usually, fatigue goes away after a good, proper rest and sleep. If symptoms persist, it means that your body wants to know that he is sick.
Long periods of fatigue may be a sign of serious disease known as chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), mainly affecting women. The attacks often occur after a CFS transferred viral diseases, but the causes of CFS, so still not clear.
Causes of fatigue
– Fatigue may be associated with taking certain medications, such as drugs for colds, coughs and motion sickness, antihistamines, Allergy medications, sleeping pills, muscle relaxants, contraceptives, and antihypertensives,
– Disease in which breathing is difficult, such as chronic bronchitis, asthma and emphysema,
– Heart failure, in which the heart is slightly reduced and does not perform its function in full,
– Depression and anxiety, bad mood, apprehension,
– Sleep and diet.
Fatigue is often the case in a month after the transfer of viral infection, and may be an early symptom of some serious diseases (hepatitis, cancer, diabetes, anemia, heart disease, hypoglycemia, obesity, hypothyroidism, mononucleosis, rheumatoid arthritis, myasthenia gravis, alcoholism, sleep disorders).
Symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome
State of fatigue often goes away after a weekend or holiday. Often you just need to give your body a rest, and he will start working again at full strength.
Consult your doctor if you are worried about the state of the strong long-term fatigue.
Symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome, except for the exhaustion include:
– Loss of memory and ability to concentrate,
– Sore throat,
– Swollen lymph nodes in the neck and axilla,
– Unexplained muscle pain,
– Pain in joints, and they do not swell and the skin over them is not red,
– Severe headaches,
– Problems with sleep,
– Extreme exhaustion, lasting more than 24 hours after normal working or school day.
Sometimes it is difficult to diagnose CFS because its symptoms are similar to symptoms of many other diseases. First, your doctor will have to exclude all other possible diseases. The criterion for the diagnosis of CFS is chronic fatigue, lasting 6 months or more, and 4-8 of the above symptoms. CFS is often accompanied by depression.
What you can do?
Organize your time correctly. Get up earlier, and you do not have to start the day in a hurry and with a sense of fatigue. Learn to delegate things to others, especially when your life is already quite duties and affairs.
Be physically active. Try to at least 30 minutes a day to give exercise. Do not exercise before bedtime, it can break it, and in the morning you will feel tired. Sleep the optimum amount of time.
Most of the people to sleep, need 6-8 hours if you feel the strength and desire to work, then you have slept enough. Well, if during the day are you able to get some sleep. This can be especially helpful to young people with hectic pace of life and the elderly, which are less deep sleep. However, avoid naps, if after it you can not sleep at night.
Do not start smoking. Smoking violates the supply of oxygen in your body, replacing the oxygen or deadly carbon monoxide. If you smoke for a long time, then give up this habit is not easy. Still, try to at least reduce the number of cigarettes smoked.
Eat as little caffeine and alcohol. Alcohol acts as a depressant, it brings only exhaustion, without adding force. Caffeine will give a temporary rapid rise in activity followed by a sharp fatigue.
Select an appropriate diet, some people work better after a light snack, while others may only work after eating closely. Avoid fatty foods because fats are processed more slowly than carbohydrates, and this may reduce your activity.
During the day, making some breaks.
Take a trip on a vacation, or at least unplug the phone and relax at home.
How can I watch TV less. If you look at it to relax, sooner or later you may find that you are in the slow and the slow condition. Try to relax more actively, for example, walk or read. Find a way to reassure yourself. Listen to relaxing music, say a prayer or phrase that gives you a sense of tranquility. Imagine yourself on the coast, the mountains or in any other part of the world where you feel good.
What can a doctor?
Your doctor can determine the systematic violations that cause fatigue. The doctor will check, appoint the necessary diagnostic studies. Effective treatment for CFS exists, but treatment can improve the symptoms of your condition. If the doctor deems it necessary, he may prescribe pain relievers or antidepressants.
Specialist in Rehabilitation Medicine will teach you how to plan a day to use the time usefully. Perhaps you need a psychologist.
Prevention of fatigue
– Exercise regularly, it improves the functioning of the heart, lungs, muscles and trains,
– Head of a hobby, not to be bored in their spare time,
– Meet with friends, go to exhibitions, theater,
– Define what you’re concerned about, and gradually solve their problems,
– Learn to relax and cope with stress, you can help breathing exercises, exercises for muscle relaxation, massage or meditation,
– Try not to use sleeping pills as They have many negative effects and can be addictive,
– Give up alcohol and cigarettes.