Muscle strain happen at excessive muscle tension of the muscles or ligaments. Very often this is due to intense physical activity, disproportionate to your capabilities, as well as over-active or quick movements or loads are nowarm, a cold muscle. You may feel like something breaks or breaks when the muscle tissue and ligaments are too stretched. You may be painful to walk and move. Usually the treatment is stretching from 1 to 6 weeks.
Muscle strain – the muscle in such injuries is too stretched, some tissues may be torn. In the damaged area may be bleeding and swelling. As the stretch is held, there may be small scars, so after a muscle injury may not be as flexible and strong. If the joint was too tense, tissue may tear ligaments and other supporting elements of the joint. In this case, the joint swells, becomes very sensitive and painful.
What you can do?
In order to stop the bleeding and remove the tumor, it is recommended to use the following simple methods of treatment:
– After the injury should avoid physical exertion and sudden movements (within 48 hours of complete absence of load on the damaged area required).
– Immediately after the injury as soon as possible to make ice for at least 20 minutes, and then within 48 hours apply ice every 4 hours. Suitable finished packing ice cubes wrapped in a damp towel or even bags of frozen vegetables (like peas). But we should not apply ice directly to the skin, it should be protected with a towel or napkin.
– To impose on the damaged area elastic pressure bandage.
– Your injured arm or leg should be kept in the raised position.
1. After 48 hours, you can use a hot compress. Light exercise during a hot bath can also help.
2. After 48 hours, you can do stretching exercises for 10 muscles are damaged on the day, but they should be very smooth and soft. Avoid sudden movements, as your task lightly stretch the muscle, and not to damage again.
3. If you pulled a leg, try to walk normally without limping. Take small steps, if necessary, use a cane.
4. After an injury needs regular exercise. Start with very small loads and smoother, but deal with every day.
5. After an injury to again make the muscle strong and supple. After the trauma of the elbow requires special exercises to prevent re-stretching in the same area. May be imposed a special armband for sports.
What can a doctor?
Your doctor may ask you to relieve pain and reduce swelling in aid of drugs, but most of the strains under the above recommendations runs independently, within a week or so. You may need referral to a physiotherapist. If the sprain is severe, your doctor may suggest x-ray to make sure that the bone is not damaged. If the ligament is completely torn, you may need surgery.