Unfortunately, for peptic ulcer in the acute phase is often quite difficult. That is why, in the acute stage the patient is usually admitted to the hospital for constant monitoring of his condition. In some cases, the ulcer can be complicated by bleeding or perforation of the stomach wall. These states are an indication for surgical intervention. Minor bleeding from ulcers can be stopped right in the electrocoagulation process diagnostic FEGDS.
- H. pylori therapy (in the case of proven infection Helicobacter pylori);
- Reducing gastric acidity of gastric secretion by inhibiting and / or neutralizing the acid in the gastric lumen;
- Protecting the mucosa from aggressive influences and stimulation of reparative processes in it;
- Correction of the nervous system and psychiatric.
The range of prescribed drugs is quite wide. For the convenience of doctors now established treatment protocols peptic ulcer disease, in which the prescribed treatment regimens with combinations of drugs and doses.
H. pylori therapy option means the use of one, two or three antibiotics (the most commonly prescribed clarithromycin, amoxicillin, metronidazole, bismuth preparations).
To promote healing of the mucosa and ulcer medications prescribed, including sucralfate, etc.
In addition to the described basic therapy in the treatment of peptic ulcer disease is rarely possible to do without muscle relaxants and pain medications, antiemetics, prokinetics (Motilium, cisapride), and other symptomatic treatment.
You should not stop treatment without permission and refuse medication even if you feel well enough, and you do not care. After being discharged from the hospital the patient should be monitored for a long time gastroenterologist at the clinic. After 2 weeks of therapy is repeated FEGDS to assess treatment efficacy. Research on Helicobacter pylori is repeated in 2-6 weeks after completion of therapy of H. pylori.
Prevention of exacerbationsIt is necessary to observe a number of rules:
- To limit alcohol consumption
- Stop smoking;
- Regularly taking anti-ulcer drugs in accordance with the recommendations of the doctor (especially in spring and autumn).