GeneralTreatment of gastritis by a doctor gastroenterologist after a thorough examination. The choice of treatment depends on the variant of chronic gastritis (chronic gastritis secrete type A, B, C), the secretory function of the stomach and the etiological factors that could lead to disease.
Generally, treatment is complex and includes recommendations for diet and nutrition, medications, physical therapy and spa treatment. Due to the fact that the disease is largely due to the impact of stressors and strong emotional experiences, in some cases, the patient requires a psychologist or therapist.
MedicationGeneral principles of therapy in chronic gastritis are shown below. The choice of specific drugs varies considerably depending on the severity of the condition and the individual characteristics of the patient.
Normalization of gastric acidity.
1) In case hypoacid gastritis prescribed adjuvants hydrochloric acid secretion in the stomach, such as pantoglyutsid, abomin, tincture Artemisia etc. Also recommend to use chloride or sodium chloride-carbonate mineral water before eating.
With the increased secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach (gastritis hyperacid) prescribe drugs that reduce acidity. They are:
- Antacids (almagel, Fosfalyugel). Antacids taken 3-4 times / day for 1-2 hours after a meal;
- Histamine H2-receptor blockers (ranitidine, famotidine);
- M-selective anticholinergic agents (atropine, metacin, platifillin);
- Inhibitors of Na / K dependent ATPase (omeprazole, lansoprazole, rabeprazole). In most cases, the drug of choice are the drugs of this group.
2) Antibiotic therapy (in the case of confirmation of infection Helicobacter pilori). For the treatment of Helicobacter pylori developed several therapeutic regimens comprising one, two or three of antibacterial drug (amoxicillin, clarithromycin, furazolidone, etc.) antisecretory agents (omeprazole, ranitidine), and bismuth preparations. Control of eradication (destruction) Helicobacter pylori is carried out 2-6 weeks after treatment.
3) The normalization of gastric motility.
As a prokinetic (drugs improve the motility of the stomach) in chronic gastritis using metoclopramide, domperidone, skulpirid.
4) In order to protect the gastric mucosa appoint white clay Neosmektin, decoction of flax seed and others
5) Improvement of fermentation and digestion. By adding enzyme therapy drugs containing pancreatin.
Dietary GuidelinesDietary recommendations dealt with in more detail in the article "Nutrition for gastritis".
What you can do?Treatment of chronic gastritis requires a long and rigorous dieting to prescribed drugs.
Also often the real cause of gastritis are the psychological stresses. Many patients need the help of a psychologist. However, only the patient himself can decide on the need of such treatment.