GeneralIrritable bowel syndrome (IBS, spastic colitis, mucous colitis) is usually manifested bloating and cramps, and disorders of the intestines. Symptoms IBS vary in different individuals. For example, one - is constipation (difficult and rare bowel movements), another diarrhea, and a third may be those and other symptoms at the same time. Normally, the chair should be decorated, but not hard, do not contain streaks of blood, the act of defecation should not be accompanied by pain or spasms of the intestine. The frequency of acts of defecation different for each one, it's 3 times a day for another 3 times a week. IBS is not a serious illness. In fact, doctors believe IBS functional disorder, since the examination of the colon revealed no signs of illness. IBS often occurs on the background of stress, fatigue, nervous overstimulation.
ReasonsAlthough IBS reasons are not clear, it is known that the colon of people with the disease are more reactive than normal. A person with a job IBS large intestine change some triggers, such as certain foods, medications or stress.
Symptoms- Abdominal pain
- The formation of gases
- Changes in the intestines, such as constipation or diarrhea.
What you can do?- Keep a diary of your diet, avoid foods that cause you IBS (eg, chocolate)
- Avoid fatty foods, especially fatty meats, poultry skin, whole milk, cream, cheese, butter and vegetable oils, margarine, avocados, and whipped cream
- Increase the proportion of fiber in your diet (for this fit whole wheat bread, beans, fruits and vegetables)
- For the relief of diarrhea and intestinal cramps eat small portions, but often
- Try less nervous, use a variety of techniques to relieve stress
- If you have a fever, a stool there is an admixture of blood you lose weight or suffer prolonged abdominal pain, see your doctor.
The consumption of fiber and laxatives (occasionally) can relieve constipation, but first you should consult with your doctor.
Studies have shown that women have symptoms become more acute during the menstrual cycle, so if you are taking hormones, remember that they can aggravate IBS.
What can a doctor?Specific analysis IBS exists. The doctor will prescribe tests and investigations to rule out other diseases. Excluded from the list of possible diagnoses of serious illness, the doctor will calm you.
In such cases usually recommend a diet rich in fiber. The doctor will advise you what you need to change the way of life.
Of soft drugs prescribed tranquilizers (if you are under stress or pathological anxiety), antispasmodics, anti-diarrheal drugs and laxatives in the case of constipation.
Prophylaxis of irritable bowel syndrome- Choose foods rich in fiber, such as whole wheat bread, vegetables and fruit.
- Try not to eat foods that can aggravate symptoms, such as artificial sweeteners, dairy products and caffeine, especially if you have diarrhea. Make a wish list of products that you carry the bad.
Learn to cope with stress, do special exercises and use a variety of relaxation techniques.