GeneralFlatulence is the excessive accumulation of gas in the intestines, manifested by abdominal bloating, a feeling of discomfort in the abdomen and belching.
Where does the gas in the intestine?First, the bacterium is isolated from the fermentation of food. Secondly, the air can suck on while eating or talking (usually goes with belching).
Flatulence is not heavy or dangerous disease, but often the cause of embarrassment and discomfort.
Causes of flatulence- Poor diet (foods rich in carbohydrates are not digestible, carbohydrates are fermented by bacteria in the gut)
- Consumption of carbonated drinks
- Quickly swallowing food and drink large sips
- Conversation during the meal
- Strain palate, teeth and nose
- Intolerance of certain foods (eg, lactase deficiency - the inability to digest the milk sugar lactose)
- Frequent constipation (slow down the bowel, increasing the likelihood of fermentation and retain the escaping gases).
Symptoms flatulence- Burp,
- The pain and discomfort in the abdomen.
What you can do?Try to eat less foods that cause flatulence. They are:
- Different kinds of cabbage (broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts), onions, artichokes,
- Pears, apples and peaches
- Whole grains, wheat bran
- Soft drinks and fruit drinks
- Milk and dairy products such as ice cream, cheese
- Products containing lactose such as bread, cereals.
Drink plenty of water, broth, do not drink soda, beer and soda (they enhance the process of fermentation in the gut). Try to let go of beverage gases, such as pouring from a bottle into a glass.
Learn to eat slowly and chew thoroughly pieces of food. This will reduce the amount of air ingested.
Avoid chewing gum, hard candy and smoking.
Visit the dentist (especially if you have false teeth) in order to check the condition of the oral cavity.
You can take medications that eliminate flatulence (simethicone, activated charcoal).
See your doctor if you suffer permanent flatulence (or acute), accompanied by abdominal pain and weight loss.