GeneralPsoriasis - is a skin disease in which there are red scaly patches covered with silvery scales that cause itching. Psoriasis usually occur in men aged 20 to 30 years and often hereditary. Psoriasis is not contagious. Even mild form of psoriasis can cause serious psychological problems: low self-esteem, a sense of shame and social isolation. Die of psoriasis is not possible, but the impact of this disease on a person's life is very serious.
The causes of psoriasisThe exact cause of psoriasis is not yet known, but most of psoriasis is associated with the following factors:
- Too actively dividing cells of the skin (10 times longer than normal), which leads to a convex plaques and peel the top layer of skin;
- Reduced immunity from illness.
The symptoms of psoriasisIt is recommended to see a doctor if the following symptoms:
- Bulging red spots (plaques) covered with dry white or silvery scales. The spots usually appear on the elbows and knees, but the rash can be on the forehead area of the body: scalp, hands, nails and face. In some cases, itchy spots;
- Deformed layer of nails;
- Strong exfoliation of dead skin cells (like dandruff)
- Blisters on the palms and soles, painful cracks in the skin.
Complications- Arthritis (joint inflammation) in severe cases;
- Depression associated with low self-esteem.