Every person loses 50 to 100 hairs every day. Hair grows on the head from 3 to 7 years. 90% of the hair on the head is actively growing, the remaining 10% are dormant. This phase lasts for 2 to 6 months, after which the hair falls out. Typically, with age the hair is not getting thinner, but sometimes in place already lost hair does not grow new ones. This process can begin in early adulthood. Hair loss can be caused by various diseases, hormonal imbalances, head injury or damage to the scalp, stress or taking certain medications. Often the hair begins to grow again in eliminating the causes loss.

Alopecia (lobular) pattern baldness (alopecia) is a disease in which the lost hair in place remain smooth round spots. In this case, the scalp looks normal (no dandruff, scars and ulcers).

Causes of hair loss

– Aging process
– Heredity (bald men and women in the family)
– Hormonal imbalance (for example, in women after childbirth or during menopause)
– Damaged hair (coloring, drying, perm)
– Head trauma;
– Damage to the scalp;
– Bacterial and fungal infections, auto-immune diseases;
– Some medications can cause reversible hair loss (pressure medication, anticoagulants, antidepressants, funds from arthritis and gout). Radiation and chemotherapy for cancer in 90% of patients causes hair loss.
– Birth control pills can also cause hair loss is more intense during the reception.
– Stress: physical, emotional and neuro-psychic.

Other causes of alopecia are:

– Thyroid disease
– Infection, surgery, high fever;
Systemic lupus erythematosus
– Fungal infections (tinea, ringworm)
– Poor diet;
– False hair (tight braids and tails).


Partial baldness in men:
– A line of hair growth gradually shifted to the neck, the hair falls out first at the temples, and then on top.

Full baldness:
– Hair is thinning and falling out over the entire surface of the scalp.

Local baldness:
– Hair falls only in some areas;
– Thinning hair.

In some cases, hair loss is noted for 3 months after childbirth, surgery or severe illness. It is recommended to see a doctor for hair loss, which may be related to drugs, or if the hair loss is accompanied by pain, inflammation and sensitivity of the scalp, the appearance of flakes, scabs, sores or pus in the skin of the head, as well as a roll of eyebrows and eyelashes or the loss of hair on other parts of the body.

What you can do?

If the hair loss is due to heredity or aging, prevent or reverse it nearly impossible. Take care of your hair (use a conditioner, air conditioner, comb with a few teeth as rarely as possible dye your hair dryer and dry, avoid perm).

Do not pull hair, do not pull at her hair (braids, tails, beams).

Although there is no tool that is guaranteed to stop hair loss, you can try minoxidil, non-prescription drug that helps about a third of patients regain hair. However, discontinuation of the drug may cause a loss of regrown hair.

Use wigs, hairpieces, etc., if you’re worried about his appearance.
See your doctor if you suspect that hair loss is associated with serious disorders in the body.

What can a doctor?

The doctor should exclude serious causes of hair loss. Appropriate treatment of the disease, which has led to hair loss. Prescribe drugs that stimulate hair growth (Finasteride should not be prescribed to women).

In the case of permanent hair loss doctor may recommend hair transplants or hair weaving and nylon yarn in their own hair.

Alopecia areata often resolves on its own. If this happens, your doctor may prescribe steroid injections into the scalp or prescribe lotion containing steroids.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *