Terms of problematic skin:
– First of all do not have to squeeze pimples. Closed comedones and inflammatory elements can neither be squeezed or opened. This further impairs the skin enhances inflammation contributes to infection and can cause scarring and stagnant spots.
– Always use such cosmetics and personal hygiene products that are designed specifically for oily skin. They usually contain the words “non-comedogenic” (non-comedogenic), ie do not contribute to the formation of blackheads, clogged skin pores, or “suitable for skin prone to acne” (for acne-prone skin).
– Wash twice a day. Do not need to wash more often because acne is formed not because of the fact that the skin is dirty. Instead of the usual soap that is too dry the skin and changes its ph balance, use special tools – cleansing foam or gel (usually names clearly indicate the use for oily / problem skin, tendency to acne). Choose the right for your skin cleanser to avoid drying out the skin, which leads to flaking, irritation and rashes new. Wash hands simply, lightly, with warm (not too hot) water, after washing apply a towel or face cloth blot and do not rub the skin. Then apply the skin care cream or medicine. Be sure to let the skin dry 10-15 minutes before applying any means of acne.
– If you have a “fat” type of hair, wash them every day suitable shampoo. Do not let the hair close face, forehead, temples, his hair cut short or collect hair. Avoid oily and oil-containing cosmetics for hair.
– Make-Up, too, should only be selected specifically designed for oily skin. Do not use blush, because They frequently contain oils and fats instead using a suitable dry shade hue. Give preference instead of loose powder compact and corrective tools (pencil, concealer), instead of foundation. Always choose quality products, designed with the specific skin problem. It is worth paying attention to the so-called drugstore brand – ie cosmetics, which is sold only in pharmacies. Such agents often contain more health-restoring components (e.g., zinc), which prevents clogging of pores and even slightly dried inflammatory elements.
– Protect your skin from excessive sun exposure. Do not use tanning beds and tan long. Tanning only masks the rash, but in the long run exacerbate inflammation. Furthermore, many agents for the treatment of acne increases sensitivity to ultraviolet, which may cause pigmentation.
– Avoid rubbing the skin in those areas where there is usually an inflammation (forehead, temples, chin, neck, shoulders). Open the skin does not come into contact with clothing, hats, as well as items of sports equipment (helmets, etc.).
– In the absence of severe inflammation can use scrubs that help to deeply cleanse the skin, exfoliate the top layer of the skin and open the pores. Scrub can be used 1-2 times a week on cleansed skin. Choose scrubs with small particles, so as not to scratch the delicate skin that promotes inflammation.
– A popular variety of masks for oily skin. They are often white clay (kaolin), which absorbs sebum and cleans the pores. Also the structure of such masks often contains natural antibacterial components (for example, tea tree oil, lavender, extracts of chamomile, sage, calendula, ginkgo biloba, and other celandine herbs, etc.). Masks will not replace the treatment of acne but will help make skin more smooth and matte, podsushat inflammation, narrow the pores.
How to choose cosmetics for problem skin?
Today the choice of cosmetics for problem skin is enormous: it means popular cosmetic brands mass market, and the products of luxury perfumes and cosmetics companies, and so-called pharmacy or medical cosmetics. The choice depends on your personal preferences and budget. But it is worth remembering that the amounts due to the mass market for oily skin usually traditional and about the same. For active substances are usually zinc, salicylic acid, organic antibacterial components, sometimes alcohol (although modern dermatology recognizes an alcohol effective for treating acne). In addition, most of the concentration is low, which is why cosmetics quickly loses its effectiveness and the rash may appear again. Most often, such cosmetics for those who have oily skin, which appears sometimes a few pimples or blackheads, but is not as such acne.
Pharmacy cosmetics designed specifically for skin with mild to moderate acne, today is a very widely. One should pay attention not only to the traditional French cosmetics, but also for new domestic brand. Pharmacy cosmetics is well tolerated and hypoallergenic. Usually it consists of not only the active substance, but also moisturizing and soothing ingredients that provides a fresh and healthy looking skin. Medical cosmetics for oily skin often contain more modern and more effective active ingredients that solve several problems at once:
1. Combination hydroxyacids (AHA-acids glycolic, lactic, citric and BHA-acid – salicylic acid), and retinaldehyde and esters of retinol help cope with hyperkeratosis grease tube soften and help reduce sebum.
2. Pirokton olamine, copper gluconate, zinc salicylate, polyhydroxy effective against bacteria causing inflammation (Propyonibacterium acnes, Pityrosporum, Staphylococcus epidermidis).
There is a drugstore cosmetics for sensitive, allergy-prone, dry, dehydrated and even age-related skin problem. It helps not only to care for the skin, but also adjust the skin’s reaction to the medication (medicated creams and gels).
In any case, whatever option you choose, it is recommended to have a cosmetic arsenal:
1. cleanser (foam, gel)
2. makeup remover if you use decorative cosmetics.
4. care cream
5. for women over 22 years of cream for the skin around the eyes.
In addition, if desired, you can use the correction means for the application to the site of inflammation, masks, scrubs, cleansing wipes, sprays, etc. It is often effective use of the same series as They are specifically designed to be used together and contain complementary components.
Full range of skin care can only find yourself evaluating the efficacy and tolerability of the funding. Correct, individually selected and systematic care plays a very important role in the treatment of acne.
But if all your efforts are in vain, acne persists or gets worse, and certainly not shelving them – see your doctor. Acne can indicate hormonal problems in the body that can be solved only by a specialist. In addition, after the acne scars may remain, which are then eliminated very hard. Therefore it is better to prevent their occurrence and the time to see a dermatologist, who certainly will help you.