Ginger – a tropical plant, it is not found in the wild and cultivated, and this requires certain climatic conditions.
Ginger has long been known and used as a spice. However, rich chemical composition makes it possible to use it for medicinal purposes. In folk medicine, ginger is used for the prevention and treatment of many diseases.
The composition of ginger
The chemical composition of ginger more than four connections. Therefore, its taste and aroma of the originals, and biological properties of the manifold.
Key elements are part of ginger:
- Fatty acids – caprylic, linoleic acid, oleic acid;
- Vitamin C, B1, B2, fat-soluble vitamin A;
- Salts of magnesium, silicon, phosphorus, iron, calcium, sodium, potassium, zinc and germanium;
- Asparagine, which is part of many proteins;
- Gingerol, which gives the hot taste of ginger, improves intestinal motility, reduces nausea
- Antihistamines (allergy) of the substance;
- Essential amino acids – lysine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, methionine. Essential amino acids are important for normal metabolism, including for the exchange of fat, so the ginger root is used in weight loss diets.
Action ginger on the body
- Normalizes metabolism;
- Improves digestion, stimulates the production of gastric juice;
- It has a choleretic effect;
- It improves digestion of proteins;
- Activates the splitting and removing fat from the body;
- Stimulates the thyroid hormones that are important in metabolism;
- Enhances the antitoxic function of the liver;
- Diuretic effect (peel ginger root);
- Mild laxative effect, which is also important for slimming, especially in patients suffering from constipation;
- Displays and neutralizes the toxins and bad digested products of digestion. Ginger cleanses the body from all kinds of toxins: alcohol, food, chemical and radiation.
Thus, the main purpose of ginger – stimulate the digestive process and neutralize dietary toxins.
Due to the fact that the use of ginger in food accelerates the metabolism, it is widely used as a means for weight loss in violation of lipid metabolism. By drinking ginger reduces body fat in the abdominal area.
In addition, it has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal properties and is used in the fight against diseases of the upper respiratory tract and the common cold in the autumn-winter period.
Being a good immunomodulator, ginger is used for the prevention of many diseases.
It is noticed that ginger tea – the best way to fight obesity.
You will find many recipes and tea-based beverages ginger root. They differ in the number of ginger per liter of water and, accordingly, the concentration of the solution. Drink too pungent taste, can cause discomfort in the stomach, so you need to choose the most suitable for you in taste.
Several applications of ginger to lose weight
It should take 1-2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated on a fine grater, 2 liters of boiling water and infuse for about 2 hours. The drink is cooled add 60 ml of lemon juice and honey (if desired). Drink need to drink during the day. If you have never used the ginger and do not know the body’s reaction to it, then start to drink half a glass and drink limit to 1 liter. Thereafter, the dosage is increased up to the glass, and the amount of consumed beverage ginger to 2 liters per day. Take a drink should be 30 minutes. before meals.
A similar drink can be prepared and insist in a thermos and take hot, which is very nice in the winter season. Lemon and honey are added immediately before use.
To enhance the metabolic process and therefore increase the effect of weight reduction is recommended to use a combination of ginger and garlic for cooking beverage. Take 1 tablespoon grated ginger and finely chopped garlic 2 liters of warm water. Infuse, strain and take to eating 0.5 cups. Precautions should be taken to persons suffering from gastritis or peptic ulcer. Burning drink can irritate and cause heartburn and aggravation of the disease.
Ginger to lose weight can be taken as a part of herbal teas. Such additives can serve as a sheet of strawberries and cranberries, which have a diuretic effect. Mint and Melissa help reduce appetite, and orange and lemon drink in combination with ginger root accelerate metabolism. At 0.5 liters of boiling water take 0.5 tablespoons of minced ginger, 1 tablespoon of peppermint leaves and a pinch of cardamom. Currently 30 min., Filter and enter into the drink freshly squeezed lemon juice and orange 60 ml. Before use, you can add honey to your liking. As is known, cardamom helps the good work of the intestine, diuretic.
In addition, ginger to lose weight should be added fresh to salads, first and second courses. The food is better absorbed with ginger and takes a sharp, spicy flavor. Ginger promotes better digestion of proteins, so is used as a seasoning for meat and fish. Of course, the effect will be greater if ginger not passed the heat treatment. Good results are marked weight loss, if you replace one meal a low-calorie salad of celery and ginger.
If you are well tolerated and did not appear ginger pain in the stomach, you can just chew fresh ginger root during the day between meals.
Thus, if the ginger all year round will be present at your table, and you use it regularly, throughout the year, you can lose up to 10 kg of excess weight. Of course, this must also comply with the general recommendations for dieters. One ginger you this will not help.
Before the start of the regular use of ginger in food need to be aware of contraindications to its use. These are:
- Gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- Diverticula of the esophagus and intestines;
- Stones in the kidneys and the bladder;
- Nonspecific ulcerative colitis;
- Pregnancy and lactation.
There are some caveats with the combined use of ginger and certain medications. So, welcome ginger reduces the effect of nitrates and calcium channel blockers, prescribed for coronary heart disease. In this connection, it may cause chest pain, despite taking medication. For the same reasons, should be used with caution in hypertension ginger, in the case of the appointment of calcium channel blockers and beta-adrenergic blockers for the treatment of the underlying disease.
Ginger enhances the effect of anticoagulants (anticoagulants), and because he has the ability to reduce blood clotting, there is a risk of bleeding when taken with anticoagulants.